In this guide, we will discuss 5 fast ways to get more traffic from Facebook.
Facebook is the world’s most popular social network, making it a great place to drive traffic to your website, landing pages, and content platforms.
As with most strategies in modern marketing – content will be at the heart of your success. However, in this guide we won’t be looking at tactics like contests, deals, offers or promotions. We’ll be talking about longer term strategies involved in gaining traffic from Facebook.
So, if you’re looking for more Facebook traffic, there’s no better place to start than with our “5 Fast Ways to Get More Traffic from Facebook.”
If you find yourself in a bit of a rut and not getting the results you need from Facebook, these tips will help get your marketing engine revved back up again.
Here are my five go-to tips when it comes to leveraging the power (and potential) of traffic from Facebook…
Nurture Your Audience
You’d probably expect me to open this guide to generating more traffic from Facebook with some advice about optimising your Facebook profile for clicks, but we couldn’t start any further away.
Trying to drive traffic away from Facebook isn’t the best way to gain the trust and attention of your audience.
Instead of constantly sharing links to pages, posts and content, you should nurture your audience’s attention with great Facebook content. This means creating posts that share value on Facebook itself.
Post Facebook-worthy content that people will want to see and interact with on your page. Doing this will gain the trust and attention of your existing Facebook following, allowing you to increase engagement and reach, so when you do want to drive traffic, your audience will respond.
Nurturing an engaged audience requires time, consistency, and great content, but all that effort is worth it – and better yet, the content that you post on Facebook can be cross-promoted onto other channels to build an engaged following there too.
Tip: Use a social media content scheduler and cross-publish content on different channels, on different dates. This will add variety to your channels and the audience’s that you’re nurturing on each network.
Use Facebook Ads To Drive Traffic
Facebook ads are one of the most effective ways of driving low-cost traffic to your website, landing pages, and offers.
Facebook ads are really easy to set up and you can get your message in front of a large targeted audience for very little outlay.
If your aim is to start driving traffic to your website, you might want to consider one of the following Facebook Ad Campaign Objectives:
- Traffic: This objective sounds like the perfect solution. Facebook’s AI uses this objective to find people who are most likely to click on the link in your Facebook ad. This is a useful tactic to drive a large volume of new visitors, but it can also ruin the behavioral metrics of your website and lower conversion rates (if you are driving visitors to an offer).
- Engagement: This objective tells Facebook to target users who are most likely to engage with your Facebook advertisement. Engagement is considered as comments, likes, shares and clicks. Although ‘clicks’ are not the primary aim of an Engagement campaign, a Facebook post with tons of likes, comments and shares is more likely to generate interest on the busy Facebook newsfeed (especially with its added social proof).
- Conversions: If you want to drive Facebook traffic to an offer or landing page, you may want to try the conversions objective. This will target users who are most likely to convert on your offers. However, this objective will only work at its optimum if your Facebook pixel has enough data and that you’ve correctly created your Facebook events. Check out our guide to Facebook Events Manager if you’re unsure.
Tip: Use Facebook’s targeting capabilities to find the right audience for your campaign. If you’re new to Facebook ads, you may have to start out with an Interest Based Audience. Target your ideal audience with keywords, interests, and demographics.
Drive Traffic From Facebook Groups
Facebook groups have become one of the hottest trends in digital marketing in the last few years. This is because, as opposed to pages and business profiles, post reach has NOT been restricted and gradually reduced.
A post in an engaged Facebook group tends to reach a large percentage of its members (provided that the group is well-managed) making them a great prospect for brands, marketers, and entrepreneurs who are aiming to generate traffic from Facebook.
When creating a Facebook group for your business, you have two options:
- Create a Facebook group for your customers and loyal followers, e.g. Einstein Marketer’s Group
- Create a Facebook group aimed at a corner of your industry, e.g. Client Conversion Secrets: A Group That Gets You More Clients
Tip: If you have a large brand with tons of customers, create a customer group. If you’re an emerging brand, aim for a corner of the industry.
A Facebook group will only become a successful traffic source if you’re managing it correctly – that means engaging with your audience, taking questions and providing tons of value.
Host Facebook live videos inside your group and answer live Q & A’s (like we do at Einstein Marketer). This gives prospects an insight into who you are, plus it builds trust between prospects and your product/service.
Drop links to content and promotional offers less than 20% of the time, and build your community with the rest!
Optimise Your Facebook Profile
When your hard work drives visitors to your Facebook page, it’s your opportunity to generate traffic. You can maximise your traffic from Facebook by optimising your Facebook profile for clicks.
For starters, this means creating a branded page that reflects your target customers. Complete your profile, including photos, descriptions, and links.
Here are a ways to get started:
- Use a clear, concise profile photo that is easy to recognise.
- Ensure your cover image is eye-catching and includes either an intriguing call to action or gives viewers a reason to follow your page.
- Fill out all sections of your Facebook page including header images, contact info, description text, and more – these will be reflected when people search for you on Facebook.
When you have done this, ensure that:
- Your website is linked in your profile
- Your top ‘pinned’ post is something that offers tons of value to your visitors – if your primary aim is traffic from Facebook, you should add a promotion here
- Your ‘Action Button’ is optimised for the correct goal – e.g. ‘Learn More’, ‘Send Message’, ‘Contact Us’.
- Add relevant links to ‘photos’ and inside your Facebook ‘About’ section.
Use Specific CTA’s On Your Facebook Posts
Adding a call-to-action (CTA) to your Facebook posts is one of the fastest ways to get traffic from Facebook.
Tip: A call-to-action is a link, button, image or piece of text that asks viewers to take a specific action. The better that call-to-action is, the more people will take that specific action.
If you want to drive more traffic from Facebook, you must use a call-to-action in your content.
This doesn’t mean asking users to ‘click the link’, tactics like this can damage the organic reach of your Facebook post (Facebook have updated their algorithm in recent years to prevent CTA’s like this).
Instead, be specific with promises and/or benefits in your call-to-action. This will not affect your Facebook post’s organic reach, and will also help you gain many more clicks.
For example, use specific CTA promises like:
- Get your Facebook Marketing eBook now!
- Discover How To Generate Fast Traffic From Facebook
- Visit Now To Get the Facebook Marketing Tactics Your Brand Needs
Avoid clickbait and make CTA promises that are backed up by the content’s of the page.
Use specific CTA’s to generate more clicks and traffic from your Facebook content.
5 Fast Ways To Get Traffic From Facebook
This post has covered 5 ways that your business can increase traffic from Facebook:
- Nurture Your Audience
- Use Facebook Ads
- Drive Traffic From Facebook Groups
- Optimise Your Facebook Profile
- Use Specific CTA’s On Facebook Posts
Optimise your brand and start generating traffic from the world’s most popular social network.
If you have any ideas of your own drop them in the comments!
And don’t forget to join the most awesome business owner community on social media, Client Conversion Secrets.